How to get the lease that makes sustainability happen
Tenants have a vital role to play in creating the right environment for sustainable, good business operations to prosper, and it all starts with getting the lease right. Best practice leases - otherwise known as green leases – provide the framework for delivering strong environmental performance for tenancies over the long term.
CitySwitch hosted an event in Sydney on 25 February focusing on:
• What is a ‘green’ lease?
• Why is a green lease important for achieving sustainability outcomes?
• Insights from the Sydney Better Buildings Partnership 2014 Baseline Lease Study
• How to get one whether you’re negotiating a new lease or in the middle of an existing one
• What are some of the barriers you might face
• Learnings from an existing green lease case study example
Speakers and topics included:
Pip Harley (CitySwitch Program Manager: City of Sydney): Why should you care?
- Overview of best practice leasing and insights from the Sydney Better Buildings Partnership 2014 Baseline Lease Study.
Tristan Gannon (Associate Director, Transaction Management: CBRE): How do we achieve it?
- Assisting organisations to implement a green lease including some of the barriers faced in the process and how to overcome these.
Beck Dawson (General Manager, Corporate Sustainability: Investa) : What does success look like?
Nicola Murphy (Head of Environmental Sustainability: NAB)
Learnings and outcomes from the ‘green lease’ signed at 105 Miller Street, North Sydney providing a unique insight into the challenges and benefits of this type of lease from both the landlord and tenant perspective.