Take a cruise with The Fifth Estate down the Parramatta River, hear from experts on the exciting future of Western Sydney, and end the evening at the Sydney Architecture Festival launch party in Parramatta. The Fifth Estate have 100 tickets, it's the only way to access this event.
Board the ferry Royale at King Street Wharf for drinks and a lively discussion about Sydney’s west and the massive growth to come.
Speakers and special audience guests include:
- Rod Simpson, Environment Commission, Greater Sydney Commission, associate professor at The University of Sydney
- Jason Twill, Innovation Fellow, Faculty of Architecture, Design & Building, University of Technology Sydney
- Chels Marshall, Aboriginal ecologist
- Tim Williams, CEO, Committee for Sydney
How can we make this growth more sustainable, better designed, more equitable?
Topics will cover:
- Radical housing options (such as Baugruppen and Nightingale)
- Great design and planning – what will inspire market to lead and outperform?
- Urbanity – the tension between the city and the new centres
- Sustainable urbanism – time to understand it’s all interconnected
- What will entice high yield jobs West?
- How planning can address the health and social challenges of the West
Debate and outcomes will be covered extensively in The Fifth Estate, through feature articles, social media, and podcasts.
King Street Wharf 9, Darling Harbour
Friday 29 September at 4:30pm (we sail at 5pm sharp)
Peter Shergold Building, Parramatta (near the train station)
: $75 ($45 for TFE members), which includes the cruise, drinks and access to the VIP launch party
Buy tickets here
This event is brought to you in partnership between The Fifth Estate and The Sydney Architecture Festival.